Friday, March 30, 2007

grumpy guy and sunshine

So, I've been trying to get more organized lately. You know, like a post-birthday resolution. It's easy to fuck away the day sitting at home, diddling on the computer. So now I'm trying to go to a cafe in the morning and work on creative stuff (a rewrite of my teen novel, bulking up of a book proposal), and then go to a different cafe or home to do work (Rickshaw booking, article writing, nose picking).

So far, so good. Except for Fridays. Fridays are just too hard to do much, especially creatively. The weekend starts staring me down, like a cougar eyeing a gazelle (or something, my nature knowledge is legendarily sketchy). So I've started doing comics again on Fridays, especially those when I have to work at night. Makes me feel like I've gotten something interesting accomplished, even if it's relatively minor.

This is how Grumpy Guy and Sunshine got started. It's about a grumpy guy and a hippie girl. They sit around, they talk, they drink coffee. I'll put them up here on occasion. Be forewarned: they're super lo-fi and maybe a bit off the cuff. We're talking no pencil, no editing, just right to the notebook.

Here's the first one, entitled "Shoe-in."

1 comment:

freshpinkstyle said...

Fun Fridays, good idea.