Friday, September 26, 2008

Here today, stolen tomorrow

There won't be any photos on here for a while, mainly -- okay, completely -- because I got my camera stolen this week. Right out of my apartment, along with my laptop, my new phone (which hadn't been activated and was still in the FedEx box), two things I was supposed to send for BookMooch, and a bunch of coins. A bunch of coins! They came in thru the window for a bunch of coins.

At first I thought it was all the high school kids who hang out in the back yard, but that bunch of coins made me think this was a "professional" job.

A professional ass clown.

I've got renter's insurance, thank god, but it still means I lost that computer with all the stuff on it, plus photos I'll never get back, and I have to go without a phone for several days because the…never mind, this crap is boring. Let's just say it's weird to think of someone in my apartment -- and even weirder that I wasn't able to tell for a couple hours after getting home. And then slowly figuring out things are missing for the next couple days.

I guess it could be worse. David Letterman could be chewing me out for canceling an interview to rush off to save the country but really because he got a better offer from Katie Couric.

Also, Wonkette says that McCain ruined the bailout deal, so it must be true. When will the "mainstream" media get it together to tell people what's really happening?

And lastly, my college pal Tim sent me something saying that "Palin is a 'Post Turtle.'"

Explanation? "When you're driving down a country road you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle.' You know she didn't get up there by herself, she doesn't belong up there, and she doesn't know what to do while she's up there, and you just wonder what kind of dummy put her up there to begin with."

Need an example? Check out this snippet of gibberish from the Katie Couric interview.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thieves suck. I'm sorry you had stuff stolen.

PopPhilosopher said...

Yeah, welcome to the neighborhood! Keep those windows locked.