Saturday, December 9, 2006

Let me tell you a story ... in a month

Hey, I wrote another novel last month. Yeah, that makes seven. Seven crappy novels. That's got to be a record. Oh wait, Chris and Ryan have written eight (and at least one of Chris' isn't crappy).

Anyhoo, this year I decided to steal a page (or 166) from Dr. Frank and try to write a teen novel. You know, like Judy Blume meets Youth in Revolt. It was about a girl in Western Massachusetts who's an outcast child of a hippie mom and a wayward dad (ahem). She gets into rap and eventually is convinced to post a song about her classmates and teachers online. Thus, she gets attacked, suspended, sent off to California, peed on, drugged, made out with, and finally, cornrowed. Somehow, the plot seemed to get away from me.

But it was fun. Maybe I can sell it to John Hughes.

No comments: