Friday, October 9, 2009

Tweet You

You know what's killing blogging? Tweets. And Facebook. Seriously, I tweet once a day, and I write and work on the pooter all day, so I never really feel like blogging anymore. It takes too much time, it hurts my wrists, I get way less feedback.

You know what you can't do on F-Book? You can't put Grumpy Guy up on there.


Also, if you're like Brent and you live in the 2007s, you're not on those sites. Or maybe you boycott them like April. So this post is for you guys, because I still love you. This is what you're missing:

Breathless excitement over the upcoming Vampire Weekend album.

Even more breathless excitement over the upcoming Pavement tour, especially the shows in England.

Links to frightening pics of 40something TV stars, now staring in occasionally funny, often strange shows about cougars.

Links to the fun music blog of Carrie Brownstein (Sleater-Kinney), wherein she discusses whether it's okay to like the music of artists you don't, specifically the Black Lips guy, who just got in trouble for using the (other) f-word about the guy in Wavves.

A list of the top 20 books of the past 9 years, only 4 of which I've read (they've got ** after them):

#20: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
#19: American Genius, A Comedy by Lynne Tillman
#18: Stranger Things Happen by Kelly Link
#17: The Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem **
#16: Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides **
#15: Varieties of Disturbance by Lydia Davis
#14: Atonement by Ian McEwan
#13: Mortals by Norman Rush
#12: Twilight of the Superheroes by Deborah Eisenberg
#11: The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz **yuck**
#10: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
#9: Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage by Alice Munro
#8: Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson
#7: Austerlitz by W.G. Sebald
#6: The Road by Cormac McCarthy
#5: Pastoralia by George Saunders
#4: 2666 by Roberto Bolaño
#3: Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
#2: The Known World by Edward P. Jones
#1: The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen **

Kind of awesome Soul Train footage of the original "Shack Up," later covered by A Certain Ratio.

Funny pictures from bachelor parties.


Links to weird Japanese themed bath houses.

My undying affection.

2 comments:

April said...

How sweet. You still love me even though I don't love facebook. But would you love me even more if I dressed up like a flight attendant and gave you a soapy bath?

Have you listened to the new Vampire Weekend song, Horchata, on their site?

Katalini said...

April, I don't like facebook either. Or twitter for that matter. And I would love it if you gave me a soapy bath as a flight attendant. As long as it's not in the airplane bathroom, mind you. But somehow I don't think you're talking to me anyway.

But I also didn't like The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao and sort of felt bad about it. Like maybe I was dumb and missing something. I feel better that you said **yuck**. Thank you.