Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hot and Crusty

You know what's big in New York right now? Terrycloth shorts attached to a skimpy top, making for some kind of shorts-dress thing. They're everywhere! I tried to get you a picture of them but all I scored was this one.


These are all from the Santogold/Diplo free show on Sunday. Believe you me, it was people-watching heaven. I tried to take a bunch of pics all surreptitiously, so that's why they're a little off-framed. Especially these of the couple who butted ahead in the 45-minute line right behind us. I was so pissed. They just walked up and asked some woman an innocent question, then just stayed there. Stupid hipster bitches.



Anyway, here we are inside the Central Park Summerstage, watching Santogold and her Solid Gold Dancers perform their robotic moves in striped jeans (it was 92 degrees out).


I'm not sure if these folks were a couple, but I loved her mask. She was also pushing a stroller, which made me want to run up and see how she'd dressed the baby.


If you know me, you know I love funny signs. The only thing in this store window was a fancy old chair and a fancy weird floor lamp.


Here's our pal Sammich's shop. Who knew he was a professional tailor?


My dad's friend Jim swears by this deli, but I wasn't in the mood for sturgeon (ever).


Now doesn't this restaurant sound good?


Posters for the Pineapple Express are everywhere. Also, the Brooklyn Art Museum is feting the director, David Gordon Green, by showing his past films and the movies that inspired him. Like Turner & Hooch. I kid you not.


We will finish with a shot of April. You will notice that she's not facing forward. I told her I wanted to take a picture of her during the first time she ever got mad at me.

"The first time?" she said.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good answer, April!

The terry shorts shirt thing: gotta say, that sound like something I might loathe up and down the block.

freshpinkstyle said...

Uh oh, what did you do???? And did you dig Santogold's set?

ruzxs said...

i miss GG, but the amount of pics in this post made up for it. i didn't know sam is a professional tailor either.

Dan said...

I thought Santogold was okay. She just played to backing tracks, which I think tends to suck some of the energy out of a set. And the dancing ladies are kinda deadpan.

As for what I did, it wasn't a huge dealio. We had the kind of discussion that you have when you're in a relationship, where you start out talking about something and then you diverge in two different directions without realizing it and then there's confusion and a blimp hits the empire state building. You know what I mean?